In an effort to achieve fair play, we have created a Team Formation Policy.
The policy states:
Tualatin Soccer Club forms teams together according to the following policy. Please note that the current year’s registration deadline is published each year on the TSC website (typically 3rd week of July).
1. Initial team formation will be completed by random selection of players at the Kindergarten grade level and grouped by school as much as possible. Some teams may be a mix of schools or homeschooled/other, particularly if there are not enough players to make a minimum sized team from the larger local schools (Bridgeport, Byrom, Tualatin Elementary, MITCH).
2. For K-2 only, returning coaches registered by the deadline will be assigned all returning players who are registered by the deadline. Grades 3-8 will have their coaches and rosters randomly assigned.
a. Coaches and Assistant Coaches children will be placed with them.
3. Players “playing up”- Players may play up an age group if requested by the parents and there is availability or need.
4. No special requests will be considered for those that register after the deadline. Those who register after the deadline will be assigned to a team with the fewest number of players or randomly if team numbers are equal.
Special Requests and Accommodations
No request is guaranteed but the Board will make its best effort to fulfill those requests when possible. These requests will be reviewed and decided upon by the TSC Board at their sole discretion.
1. A coach and one (1) assistant coach may request to coach together. This happens during coach registration only.
2. Requests can only be made once a player is registered for the upcoming season.
3. To make a request, please email [email protected] only. Please register your child through Tualatin’s soccer portal, then submit your email containing: Player’s Name, request, reason for exception. All requests will be tracked by the Board to address during team formation meeting(s).