Website Manager

TUALATIN SOCCER CLUB

TUALATIN SOCCER CLUB

News Detail

10

Aug, 2020

TSC COVID19 Update



Hello Tualatin Soccer Club Members, 

We hope you all are staying safe and well during this time. Please remember that in order to practice the 3 W's; Wash your hands, Wear a mask, and Watch your distancing. In order to play, we all need to do our part to curb the spread of the disease so we can get back to playing sooner. 

In the last week, there have been several developments that affect whether or not we will play in a League this Fall. 

TTSD and BSD have delayed in-person classes until the first few weeks of November. In addition, the OSAA delayed the Fall Sports season until winter 2021. These decisions will affect which fields we can play on. TTSD and BSD have thus far said no school fields will be made available to us. That means our League will not have enough space to play all of the games or practice. 

Washington County does not seem likely to enter Phase 2 in August.

COVID19 cases are fluctuating but are still above levels that would lead us to believe we will get to Phase 2 in August. 

Recent outbreaks at day camps are leading our public officials to believe day camps could be shut down. 

The Governor is contemplating shutting down Multnomah county. We are currently still tied to Multnomah County and thus could be shut down too.

Tualatin's City Parks have been consistent in their direction that no youth sports will be allowed on city fields (except day camps) until Washington County reaches Phase 2.

Last week our League, the Tualatin Hills Junior Soccer League, met for our bi-weekly board meeting. The decision to continue with our normal Fall League will be made on August 18th. This is the latest date by which we would need to start the season while maintaining the most games played. After that week we start losing games and thus are not offering a full season. 

The Tualatin Soccer Board met after this meeting to discuss the impact to our members. If the season is canceled there are things we can offer but a full season would not be possible. Therefore, TSC will be refunding all registrations for the 2020 Fall Season. 100% Refunds will be processed as fast as possible once the League is canceled. Most of you are on a waitlist but there were a few system issues that caused a few members to be charged. We want to refund fully any monies paid for the season if it is canceled. 

This does not mean that we are folding our Club. We have the reserves to cover this event. Every club in Oregon is a non-profit but none of us have the same operating expenses. We will still be here but there are clubs and sports that will suffer greatly and may fold. Please be aware of this and keep in mind that you can make donations to the club at any time and they are tax-deductible. 

I don't want to spend too much of your time talking about what we could do if the League decides to cancel. Most of those options require us to have use of fields and if we are not in Phase 2 we will not have any way to offer anything. However, if we are allowed to use City or TTSD fields we will be working to provide something this Fall. We do not know what that looks like but we have several ideas to provide fun and safe soccer activities to our members. We will also be looking at adjusting our season to the Spring. Right now, everything is on the table but everything is dependant on making it to Phase 2 of re-opening.  

Thank you for your patience during this difficult time. We will send another update out after the August 18th THJSL meeting.  Stay Safe and please practice those 3 W's. We all need to do our part. 

Trevor Owens
President
Tualatin Soccer Club 

Contact

TUALATIN SOCCER CLUB
PO Box 335 
Tualatin, Oregon 97062

Email: [email protected]

Copyright © 2020 Tualatin Soccer Club  |  Privacy Statement |  Terms Of Use |  License Agreement |  Children's Privacy Policy  Log In